Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Peruvian Naturals Organic Maca 800mg Tablets Review


This is the second post in this week's health product review series. If you like any of the products I review you can purchase them all on my amazon review page. If you have any product suggestions, or want me to review your product please contact me!

Why did I buy this product?
Around 2 years ago I was determined to build a bigger booty without exercise. As an older, and more wise adult (kind of), I now know that this is impossible without surgery. So, I ventured onto the oh so lovely internet in order to find answers. After a few days of intense booty building research, I came across something called Maca root. For those of you who are really into fitness, you have probably already heard about Maca. For those of you who do not, allow me to explain. Maca root, or lepidium meyenii. It has a huge reputation for balancing out female hormones. This basically means making sure that your estrogen levels are up to par. Women who are curvier have higher estrogen levels. So, this leads people to believe that if they take maca they will increase their estrogen, increase their curves, and consequently get a bigger booty. This is a popular claim, however there is little scientific research to back up this claim. There are also claims that Maca root improves your energy levels, and any female problems that you may be having. Again, these claims have not been scientifically proven to be accurate. As a quick disclaimer, I only tested out this particular product for 3 months. With that being said, if you try this product out for a longer period of time you may get different results. 

The Good
This Maca Root tablet in particular is very pure and organic. As soon as you open up the bottle it has a strong, earthy odor. This is usually a sign that the supplement is very pure and natural. I used this maca root tablet in particular for about 3 months without any exercise, and I did notice some change. I don't know if it was the placebo affect, but I swore I could see my body shaping itself out. A few people I knew could see it as well without me even telling them that I was taking the supplement. I noticed that my hips were getting a bit bigger and my stomach was getting a bit smaller. However, this could have all been in my head. As far as the energy and overall hormone regulation claims, I did not notice a significant difference. However, around this time I did notice my period started to regulate itself. I have very irregular, and overall terrible periods. During this time period my periods came on at the same time during the 3 month period. Sometimes my body magically regulates itself for a few months, so I am not 100 percent positive that the maca root attributed to the regularity.

The Bad
Even though I did not exercise while taking this supplement, I do believe that its full potential is only released with exercise. With that being said, it has little affect on your body without changing your lifestyle. In my opinion this is not really a negative because it encourages you to live a healthier lifestyle. However, for those of you who can not or do not want to do exercise, this could be a negative. In my opinion Maca Root is something that you have to take for long periods of time to see drastic results. With that being said you could just eat clean, and exercise to see the same results.

The Ugly

In the 3 months that I tested out this product I did not have any complications. With that being said I have nothing "ugly" to say about it. 

Final Thoughts
I do not believe that Maca root is a must have, but I do believe that it can be beneficial to your health. Because it does not damage your body, I suggest at least giving it a shot. Because of this, I am giving this particular product a 7/10. In the near future I will be incorporating maca root into my diet to see how it responds with exercise. I recommend trying this product out for yourself  as a little health experiment and see what results you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment