Monday, August 17, 2015

Camellias 26 Double Steel Boned Corset Heavy Duty Waist Training Shaper Review

This is the first in this week's health product review series. If you like any of the products I review you can purchase them all on my amazon product review store. If you have any product suggestions, or want me to review your product please contact me!

                                                 Why did I buy this?
If you personally know me, then you know that I am an extremist. It's all or nothing when it comes to something that I want. So, what better way to be extreme than do waist training? I initially bought this product to test out waist training (waist training blog post coming soon), and I pulled a newbie mistake and bought an amazon corset. Just a heads up, if you are serious about waist training DO NOT buy an amazon corset. Unfortunately, I got this information after I had already received this corset in the mail.

The Good
If you are really short on money and want to test out waist training, this is the corset for you. This corset has the basic steel boning which is what trains your waist. It is a reasonable price ($39.00), and it ships extremely fast (about 4 days). It is also very sturdy, and durable as well. I have used this on and off for around a month now and it has not broken yet. I also do believe that if you do the waist training process properly that it could shrink your waist.


The Bad 
This corset has terrible flexibility (yes corsets have some flexibility), and it is very tight in the rib region. Any hardcore waist trainer will tell you how important it is for a corset to have space up top and down the bottom. When you tighten a corset you should feel slight pressure in the ribs and hip bone region, but not too much. The tighter I tighten this corset, the more it digs into my rib cage. This is not only uncomfortable, but dangerous.

The Ugly
If you are serious about waist training, you must wear your corset for a minimum of 12 hours a day after breaking it in. Hardcore waist trainers train for up to 23 hours a day. This includes walking around with the corset, and wearing it to sleep. I only wore this corset out in public once, and there is a reason behind that. Like I mentioned before, high quality corsets have more room up top and down the bottom. I have worn this corset to sleep multiple times, and after a while I experienced excruciating pain in the rib cage reason which caused me to stop waist training for a while. With high quality corsets you should be able to sleep in it with minimum discomfort. Also, because this corset is tight in the ribs and hips, if you have excess fat in those regions (like me) it will give you a giant spill over the top, and under the bottom. Even my heavy duty bras could not hide this. I am a pretty confident person, but I did not feel confident walking around looking like a pushed up go-gurt tube all day.

Final Thoughts
This is not the worst corset by far, but it is definitely not the best corset out there. Because of the pain due to the flexibility of the corset I am going to give it a 5 out of 10. If you can afford to dish out a few extra bucks (like $20) I suggest going with higher quality corsets like orchard corsets. From the research that I have done, their corsets are inexpensive and high quality. If you want more accurate information on corsets and waist training check out Lucy's Corsetry it is an amazing blog with tons of info!

No comments:

Post a Comment