Thursday, December 17, 2015

Low-Carb Vegan?

Greetings my luvlies!

Updates

So far I've been keeping my promise to lead a healthier lifestyle. This past week I've managed to eat clean for the most part, and I have gotten back into exercising. I'm still not back to where I use to be with the amount of exercise, but its a start! The Fall semester has finally ended which means that I will be posting more regularly. I will also start uploading my routine onto Instagram again.

Low-Carb Veganism

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a weakness for carbohydrates. I love rice, pasta, potatoes, and basically anything that is starchy and carb filled. Way back in my senior year of high school I lost a total of 20lbs. Now I know that doesn't seem like a lot for some of you, but it was for me. Ever since then I've only been able to lose 5lbs in the span of a year. So how did I do this? I went on the Atkins diet. Looking back at the Atkins diet, I do not recommend it to anyone! Though it has become more strict, the diet allows you to have unlimited meat, eggs, and fats. I ended up stopping the diet because I physically felt like crap. I was scarfing down bacon, eggs, steak, pork, anything that was greasy and dead I ate.

However, while scrolling through the internet for back exercises I had a bit of a revelation. I read a few articles and most of them mentioned that those with back fat have a problem with processing carbohydrates. I linked this back to all of the previous diets I have been on, and found a connection. Whenever I restricted the amount of carbs I consumed, I lost weight. So why haven't I been doing this all along? A lot of it has to do with hunger and easiness. Anytime I was on a low-carb diet I was extremely bitter because I was hungry all the time. I was even hungry while downing down a ton of calories on Atkins. So either I would binge on the diets, or quit them completely. Carbs are also convenient. They have a longer expiration date, and they tend to be cheaper which is important for college students like me.

I know there is a lot of talk in the vegan world about high carb diets being good for you, but I don't necessarily believe that. Every single body is different. I do personally believe that everyone should develop a plant based diet, but different plant based diets.
.
The Plan 

I am starting to do research on cheap, easy, and low-carb vegan recipes. So far all I have been getting are a bunch of quinoa recipes (so expensive), but i know there is hope. A lot of the low-carb vegan articles I have been reading include beans as a substitute for grains. I LOVE beans which is why this is appealing to me. Tofu, tempeh. avocados, and nuts seem to be on the menu too! i am currently trying to tailor the list in a way that is cheap, and hunger proof. In a few days I will post my full meal plan. I will be posting a few links at the bottom of this post about fat storage for the ladies out there who have a similar body type as mine (stubborn fat accumulation mainly in the back, stomach, and arms). I will also be linking some information about low-carb vegan diets. 

Have a luvly day my luvlies!

Fat Storage Articles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2236546/What-wobbly-bits-say-From-bingo-wings-love-handles-chubby-cheeks-store-fat-holds-key-health--lose-weight.html

http://www.mycottontales.com/the-reason-you-store-fat-in-certain-areas/

Low Carb Vegan Diets

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/weekly-meal-plan-the-low-carb-vegan-menu/

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/vegetarian/a/veganlowcarb.htm

http://ecowatch.com/2015/06/16/low-carb-vegetarian-vegan-diet/









No comments:

Post a Comment